brown sugar milk tea aka tiger milk tea 🧋
want something super sweet, creamy, and caffeinated? try this brown sugar milk tea, infused with earl grey black tea and drenched in brown sugar!
brown sugar syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp earl grey black tea leaves (or any kind of black tea)
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup boba
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 – 2 tsp brown sugar syrup
make brown sugar syrup
- whisk brown sugar and water together in a saucepan.
- let it simmer for 5 – 8 mins on medium low heat. do not whisk, and occasionally lift the saucepan to swirl the mixture.
- once cool, pour into a squeeze bottle.
make milk tea
- mix earl grey black tea leaves and milk to a saucepan.
- let it simmer for 2 – 3 mins on medium low heat.
- pour into a cup to let it cool.
- fill saucepan with 3⅓ cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
- line the inside of the cup with the brown sugar syrup (i used 1 – 2 tsp).
- add boba, ice, & milk tea.
- oxo squeeze bottles: i use these to line the inside of the cup with brown sugar syrup. they are super handy for more precision.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is used to drain the boba from the hot water.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.