strawberry jasmine tea
a drink so perfect for a summer day! this drink can be made with ingredients you may already have on hand. it is refreshing, floral from the jasmine tea, and sweet from the strawberry puree!
- 1 tbsp jasmine tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup boba
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
prepare jasmine tea
- add jasmine and boiling water to a medium bowl. let it steep for 3 mins.
- use a sieve to remove the tea leaves.
- chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- fill saucepan with 3 1⁄3 cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
make strawberry puree
- using a blender or food processor or fork, mix strawberry, sugar, & water until it becomes a puree.
- add boba, strawberry puree, ice, & jasmine tea.
- top with strawberries and/or lemon.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is also great for removing tea leaves.
- food processor: this one is my favorite and cordless. i love how portable it is, and kitchenaid products have such great durability and longevity.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.