strawberry matcha dalgona
tea people recently gifted me their organic matcha powder, so i was excited to play around with various applications of it. today, i am making a strawberry matcha dalgona! it is sweet, creamy, and perfect when you are needing a little bit of caffeine! 🍓🍵
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp tea people matcha powder
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup ice
make strawberry puree
- using a blender or food processor or fork, mix strawberry, sugar, water, & squeeze of lemon until it becomes a puree.
make matcha dalgona
- using a hand mixer, whisk egg whites and sugar for 2 – 3 mins on medium-high speed.
- sift in matcha powder and whisk for another 2 – 3 mins or until incorporated.
- add strawberry puree, ice, & milk
- top with matcha dalgona.
- hand mixer: the ones by kitchenaid are long-lasting. i recently upgraded to a cordless one. i also would recommend a more affordable option – a corded one (mine is still working after nearly a decade).
- sieve: this is also a must when making matcha. using this ensures all the clumps are removed from the matcha powder.
- what are your favorite matcha powders? i love the ones from ippodo tea, matchabar, and tea people. they also must be ceremonial grade. i have tried culinary grade (great for baked goods), but it tastes horrible when used to make a drink like matcha latte.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.