thai iced tea (restaurant style)
thai food is one of my favorite cuisines! where do i go to in san francisco to satisfy my cravings? saap ver authentic thai cuisine in mission bay. my usual order: pad see eew beef & roasted duck curry along with a sweet & creamy thai iced tea! in today’s recipe, i am making a restaurant style thai iced tea with the addition of boba!
- ¼ cup thai tea mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- ⅓ cup boba
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 – 2 tsp condensed milk
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup ice
prepare thai tea
- add thai tea mix and 1 cup of boiling water to a medium bowl. let it steep for 15 mins.
- use a sieve to remove the tea leaves.
- chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
- fill saucepan with 3⅓ cups of water, and place on stovetop on high heat. once boiled, reduce heat to medium-low heat and add uncooked boba. mix occasionally for 2 – 3 mins.
- turn off and let boba rest for 2 -3 mins.
- add brown sugar & honey to a small bowl.
- use a sieve to strain boba into the same bowl.
- whisk condensed milk and milk together in a medium bowl.
- add boba, ice, thai tea, & milk.
- saucepan: this is my favorite saucepan. i have had mine for years; it’s durable & versatile.
- sieve: this is also great for removing tea leaves.
- whisk: this one is perfect for small-batch recipes and used to mix condensed milk / milk.
- boba straw: these are one of my favorite boba straws.
- what thai tea mix did you use? i used the pantai thai tea mix. i have not tried other brands, but the other brand that came highly recommended was number-one.
- where can i get boba pearls? my favorite are from wu fu yuan (if you are near by a 99 ranch or asian grocery store, you will be able to find them there) and tea people.
did you make this recipe? i would love to see your creations! tag michelleqgbui on instagram and hashtag it #letsbake.